What is the Garden Pride Range?
The Garden Pride range is the most superior domestic polytunnel on the market. Timber is replaced with non-degradable ALUMINIUM. Block Aluminium is used in the gable ends and ground rails. Timber will naturally degrade over time whereas aluminium rails can be re-used whenever you need to replace your polythene cover. The Aluminium rails and infills secure your cover to the polytunnel eliminating the need to dig a trench and displaying a more tidy and attactive polytunnel.
What is included in the Garden Pride Kit - SUPPLY ONLY?
Steel structure c/w Hoops, Ridge and Brace bars, Front Alum Gable end c/w Alum Sliding door, Rear Alum Gable end c/w large Netting vent, Clear Thermic Anti-Drip Polythene 800G, Anti Hot Spot Tape, Aluminium Ground rail for sides and gable ends and one roll of FREE Clear Repair tape. Customer must build or use their own contractor to build the polytunnel. Goods are supplied only. Instruction manual is available.
Why buy this structure?
• Easy to upgrade to Aluminium: At any stage you can change from burying polythene or timber ground rails to our Aluminium option. All of our domestic tunnel range have standard polytunnel dimensions. We can supply Alum rails etc as accessories. (See Polytunnel Dimensions for more details).
• Re-usable Aluminium fixing System: Whereas timber fixing systems will eventually degrade, there will be no need to replace the alum fixing system when it comes to replace your polythene. The only cost will be the cost of replacing the polythene sheet when it needs to replaced.
• Lower Maintenance costs: Separate sheets of polythene is used to clad the structures - from the front hoop to the rear hoop is one sheet. The polythene is panelled in on the front and rear gable ends. So if there was an un-repairable damage, only a small section of polythene would need to be replaced. ... costing less. Since all of the aluminium is re-usable, there is no additional fittings, only the cost of replacing the polythene. In the case of timber finishes, extra nails/timbers may be required as well as the cost of replacing the Polythene.
• Anti Hot Spot Tapes Automatically included: Anti Hot Spot tape is included as standard in our kits. This tape prolongs the life of the polythene as it reduces the friction of steel against polythene. We include enough rolls to cover all steelwork including the brace bars so you get all over coverage.
• Self-Locking Aluminium Sliding Door: Our Doors are wider and higher so wheelbarrows and other gardening equipment can pass in and out with ease. The Sliding door has a self-locking mechanism, all you have to do is slide, lift and lock.
• Superior Finish: The infills clips the polythene into the rails and is sealed over with a sealing tape. No excess, flapping polythene for wind to catch!
• FREE Roll of Repair Tape: We include one roll of Clear Repair Tape as part of the kit. This tape repairs small nicks and tears that may occur over time.
8ft, 10ft, 12ft & 14ft Wide Polytunnels: Foundation tubes comprise of 35mm High tensile Z35 steel, galvanised internally and externally.
16ft & 18ft Wide Polytunnels: Foundation tubes comprise of 44.5mm x 2mm High tensile Z35 steel, galvanised internally and externally.
8ft, 10ft, 12ft & 14ft Wide Polytunnels: Hoops, Ridge & Brace bars are made from 35mm High Tensile Z35 Steel, galvanised internally and externally.
16ft & 18ft Wide Polytunnels: Hoops comprise of 44.5mm x 2.0mm High Tensile Z35 Steel. Ridge & Brace bars consist of 35mm High Tensile Z35 steel.
ALL STEELWORK IS GALVANISED INTERNALLY & EXTERNALLY.
Fittings: All fittings supplied are also commercial standard and zinc-plated.
Front Gable end:
Aluminium Uprights, ground rails and Cross rails complete with Single Sliding Aluminium door (8ft-14ft wide tunnels) or Double Alum Sliding doors (16ft-18ft tunnels).
Rear Gable end:
Aluminium Uprights, Ground rails and Cross rail complete with Netting vent.
Netting vent for 8ft-14ft wide tunnels: Approx. 8ft high x 4ft wide.
Netting vent for 16ft-18ft wide tunnels: Approx. 8ft high x 8ft wide.
NOTE - Netting vents can be adjusted or replaced with doors, prior notice should be given at time of ordering.
Door(s) made from block aluminium and clad in 800G Clear Thermic Anti Drip polythene. Includes all sliding rails, doorstops, door handle and fittings.
For 8ft-14ft wide tunnels: Single Sliding Doors are installed.
For 16ft-18ft wide tunnels: Double Sliding Doors are installed.
Aluminium Ground rails complete with infilss for sides and gable ends of structures.
Includes all Alum Ground rails, infills for attaching polythene and fittings.
Reduces the wear and tear of polythene rubbing against the steel framework. It is stuck to the top of the hoops and onto the side braces where the polythene comes into contact with the steelwork.
Enough rolls are included to cover all exposed steelwork including the brace bars.
Polythene is Clear 800G. It has the additional properties of been Thermic and Anti-drip.
- Thermic: raises the internal temperature of the polytunnel by 1-2 Degrees Celsius on the outside temperature.
- Anti-Drip: Condensation rolls off or evaporates from the polythene. It does not drip onto plants or people.
WARRANTY: 5 Year UV Warranty: This manufacturer's warranty guaranties against UV degradation of the polythene. It does not cover for accidental or malicious damage, storm damage, the natural wear and tear of polythene etc..
As part of your kit, one roll of Clear repair tape is included. This tape repairs small nicks and tears that may occur over time.
Delivery Terms & Conditons
Free Delivery applies if the following terms and conditions are met:
(1) Goods purchased have a value of over €500.00
(2) To avail of free delivery, goods must be purchased on our online website – www.thepolytunnelcompany.ie
(3) This is an introductory offer and can be withdrawn at any stage.
(4) Delivery is to any address in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland excluding offshore locations.
(5) Site must be accessible for vans or trucks.
(6) Surcharges apply if goods value is less than €500
(7) Delivery dates and times are estimated. Circumstances beyond our control e.g. weather, stoppages etc may affect delivery times and dates.
Delivery terms and conditions are subject to change without prior notice been given.
Below are the details of heights, etc of each polytunnel size.
Check out the EXTRA HEADROOM AND BETTER WORKING SPACE available (See below)!
8ft (2.44m) Wide Polytunnel Dimensions (To be updated)
10ft (3.05m) Wide Polytunnel Dimensions..Click here!
12ft (3.66m) Wide Polytunnel Dimensions..Click here!
14ft (4.27m) Wide Polytunnel Dimensions..Click here!
16ft (4.88m) Wide Polytunnel Dimensions (To be updated)
18ft (5.50m) Wide Polytunnel Dimensions..Click here!
Alum Gable ends: Uprights and Cross are made from block alum profile
Alum Ground rails: Ground rails are made from block alum profile
Sliding Aluminium Door Sizes:
Door sizes for 8ft wide - To be updated!
Door sizes for 10ft & 12ft wide - 2.0m high x 1.030m wide
Door sizes for 14ft wide - 2.0m high x 1.030m wide
Door sizes for 16ft wide - To be updated!
Door sizes for 18ft wide - 2.1m high x 2.060m wide (Double door)
The standard polythene we use is a 800G Clear Thermic Anti-Drip Polythene. This is a clear film with the additional benefits of Thermic and Anti-drip properties.
'Thermic' - raises the temperature of the internal temperature by approx.
1 to 2 Degrees celsius above the outside temperature.
'Anti-Drip' - condensation evaporates or rolls off the polythene.
Polythene Warranty :- A manufacturer's warranty against UVI degradation of the polythene is 5 years. This warranty does not cover accidental damage, malicious damage, storm damage or general wear and tear etc.
Various types and guages of polythene available.
Replacement polythene can be cut to length and bought on a per m basis.