This polythene is 840G Diffused Thermic Polythene. (See terms explained below).
PAR Light transmission: 91%
Diffusing % of PAR: 48.5%
This Advanced thermic diffusing light film features a special structure which creates gas filled tiny cells within the thickness. The combination of an eva copolymer as base material allows extraordinary results in the greenhouse climatic control. The film's total light transmission is very high but at the same time it acts as a barrier to the short IR radiation.
The DIFFUSED film enhances the growth and fruit-bearing properties balancing daily temperature variations.
DIFFUSED films are supplied without anti-drip additives, because the particular structure (high insulating effect) and the limited evapotranspiration reduce the water condensation onto the film surface.
- High light diffusion, combined with an excellent total light transmission (direct light+diffused) in the PAR (Photosynthetic Active Radiation, which is effective for the photosynthesis, i.e. 400-700 nm) necessary for the plants growth.
- High thermal effect (absorption between 7 and 13 μm).
- Reduction of heating by solar radiation, maintaining an agreeable working environment inside the greenhouse and avoiding or delaying the shading operations.
- Water saving (verified reduction of 30-40% in hydroponics system).
- Longer durability compared to a standard film of the same class of duration.