The Garden 'Pro' or Professional range is combining the best of both worlds ... Our superior Sliding Aluminium Door(s) are used instead of Timber Hinged door(s). It also includes our Aluminium cladding rails on the gable ends, thus reducing folds. The Polythene is attached along sides via TIMBER RAILs. All Timber rails are Tanelith-E treated for outdoor use.
Steel structure c/w Hoops, Ridge and Brace bars, Front Timber Gable end c/w Single Sliding Aluminium Door, Rear Timber Gable end c/w large Netting vent, Polythene, Anti Hot Spot Tape, Timber Ground rail for sides and gable ends, Rear Net Vent, Polyflap for net vent and one roll of FREE Clear Repair tape. Customer must build or use their own contractor to build the polytunnel. Goods are supplied only. Instruction manual is available.
• Superior Polytunnel Dimensions: Check out the superior dimensions of our structures. Sides are not round-sided. Our straight sides do not abruptly bend once past the 1m straight side rather a slow gradual bend resulting in better head height standing at the sides of the structure. Our excellent ground to ridge height of our structures promotes better air circulation around plants. (See over for our Polytunnel Dimensions for more details).
• Quality Steelwork for a more Durable structure: All our steelwork is high tensile Z35 steel galvanised internally and externally for all our structures. High tensile steel makes a more durable, long-lasting product which better withstands bad weather conditions. We use the larger steel - 35mm (8ft-14ft wide tunnels) - to give you a stronger, long lasting product.
• Tanelith E Treated TIMBER for Outdoor Use: We use the larger timbers 4" x 2" (or 100mm x 44mm) in our timber gable ends, door frames and ground rails. This heavier timber gives additional strength against windy conditions. All timber is Tanelith-E treated specifically for outdoor use. What is Tanelith-E?... More info
• Anti Hot Spot Tapes Automatically included: Anti Hot Spot tape is included as standard in our kits. It covers the entire hoop and not just parts of the hoop. This tape prolongs the life of the polythene as it reduces the friction between steel and polythene.
• Wider & Higher Door sizes: Our Doors are wider and higher so wheelbarrows and other gardening equipment can pass in and out with ease. For example - the door for the 14ft wide polytunnel is 1.2m Wide x 2.1m High
• Sliding Aluminium Doors: Our superior Aluminium framed Sliding Doors made from block aluminum and clad in polythene/net. Our clip in rails are made from block aluminium durability and do not contain any wire or plastic inserts.
• High Quality Polythene: 800G Polythene is clear with the additonal benefits of Thermic and Anti-drip properties. A manufacturer's warranty against UVI degradation is 5 years. Other Guages of Polythene available include: 840G, 900G, 1000G depending on stock availability.
• FREE OF CHARGE: We include one roll of Clear Repair Tape as part of the kit. This tape repairs small nicks and tears that may occur over time.
8ft, 10ft, 12ft & 14ft Wide Polytunnels: Foundation tubes comprise of 35mm High tensile Z35 steel, galvanised internally and externally.
16ft & 18ft Wide Polytunnels: Foundation tubes comprise of 44.5mm x 2mm High tensile Z35 steel, galvanised internally and externally.
8ft, 10ft, 12ft & 14ft Wide Polytunnels: Hoops, Ridge & Brace bars are made from 35mm High Tensile Z35 Steel, galvanised internally and externally.
16ft & 18ft Wide Polytunnels: Hoops comprise of 44.5mm x 2.0mm High Tensile Z35 Steel. Ridge & Brace bars consist of 35mm High Tensile Z35 steel.
ALL STEELWORK IS GALVANISED INTERNALLY & EXTERNALLY.
Front Gable end:
Timber Uprights, Ground rails and Cross Timber 4" x 2" or 100mm x 44mm. Includes Timber Hinged door. ALL TIMBER IS TANELITH-E TREATED FOR LONGER LIFE.
Rear Gable end:
Timber Uprights, Ground rails and Cross Timber (4"x2") complete with Net vent.
- Net Vent for 8-14ft wide tunnels: Approx. 8ft high x 4ft wide
- Net Vent for 16-18ft wide tunnels: Approx. 8ft high x 8ft wide.
Net vents can be smaller or replaced with doors. If different requirements are required, please contact our office @ 046-9546007.
ALL TIMBER IS TANELITH-E TREATED FOR LONGER LIFE.
Ground rails made timber 4"x2" and complete with timber laths to attach polythene. Includes all fittings to attach. ALL TIMBER IS TANELITH-E TREATED FOR LONGER LIFE.
(1) SINGLE Sliding Alum Door for 8FT-14FT wide structures. Doorway size approx. 8ft high x 4ft wide.
(2) DOUBLE Sliding Alum Doors for 16FT-18FT wide structures. Doorway size approx. 8ft high x 8ft wide.
All Door(s) made from block aluminium and clad in Clear polythene. Includes all sliding rails, doorstops, door handle and fittings.
Anti Hot Spot Tape: Reduces the wear and tear of polythene.
Polythene is Clear 800G. It has the additional properties of been Thermic and Anti-drip.
Thermic - raises the internal temperature of the polytunnel by 1-2 Degrees Celsius on the outside temperature.
Anti-Drip - Condensation rolls off or evaporates from the polythene. It does not drip onto plants or people.
WARRANTY: 5 Year UV Warranty: This manufacturer's warranty guaranties against UV degradation of the polythene. It does not cover for accidental or malicious damage, storm damage, the natural wear and tear of polythene etc.
Delivery Terms & Conditions
Free Delivery applies if the following terms and conditions are met:
(1) Goods purchased have a value of over €500.00
(2) To avail of free delivery, goods must be purchased on our online website – www.thepolytunnelcompany.ie
(3) This is an introductory offer and can be withdrawn at any stage.
(4) Delivery is to any address in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland excluding offshore locations.
(5) Site must be accessible for vans or trucks.
(6) Surcharges apply if goods value is less than €500
(7) Delivery dates and times are estimated. Circumstances beyond our control e.g. weather, stoppages etc may affect delivery times and dates.
Delivery terms and conditions are subject to change without prior notice been given.
As part of your kit, one roll of Clear repair tape is included. This tape repairs small nicks and tears that may occur over time.
Manual Polyflap which is used to close-up the rear net vent during the Winter months.
Below are the details of approximate heights, etc of each polytunnel size.
Check out the EXTRA Headroom and BETTER working space available (See below)!
8ft (2.44m) Wide Polytunnel Dimensions (To be updated)
10ft (3.05m) Wide Polytunnel Dimensions..Click here!
12ft (3.66m) Wide Polytunnel Dimensions..Click here!
14ft (4.27m) Wide Polytunnel Dimensions..Click here!
16ft (4.88m) Wide Polytunnel Dimensions (To be updated)
18ft (5.50m) Wide Polytunnel Dimensions..Click here!
Timber Gable ends: Timber Uprights & Cross: 100mm (4") x 44mm (2")
Timber Ground rails: Timber rails: 100mm (4") x 44mm (2")
All timber is TANELITH-E treated for outdoor use. What is Tanelith-E?... More info
Door sizes for 8ft wide - To be updated!
Door sizes for 10ft & 12ft wide - 2m high x 800mm wide
Door sizes for 14ft wide - 2.1m high x 1.2m wide
Door sizes for 16ft wide - To be updated!
Door sizes for 18ft wide - 2.44m high x 2.44m wide (Double door)
- 2.44m high x 1.22m wide (Single door)
The standard polythene we use is a 800G Thermic Anti-Drip Polythene. This is a clear film with the additional benefits of Thermic and Anti-drip properties. There is other guages available ranging from 840G, 900G, 1000G. These can all have different properties e.g. Thermic, Anti-Drip or Anti-fog, Diffused etc.
'Thermic' - raises the temperature of the internal temperature by approx.
1 to 2 Degrees celsius above the outside temperature.
'Anti-Drip' or 'Anti-fog' - condensation evaporates or rolls off the polythene.
'Diffused' - allows the same light and heat in as ordinary polythene, it diffuses the light around the plants and prevents
Polythene Warranty :- A manufacturer's warranty against UVI degradation of the polythene is 5 years. This warranty does not cover accidental damage, malicious damage, storm damage or general wear and tear etc.